I received an ad in the mail for The Oprah Magazine - only $12 for 12 issues, including a free O Tote Bag! Oprah added a note in the ad listing her all-time top 10 what she knows for sure. I thought I'd share them with you as they rang a bell with me:
- What you put out comes back all the time, no matter what.
- You define your own life. Don't let other people write your script.
- Whatever someone did to you in the past has no power over the present. Only you give it power.
- When people show you who they are, believe them the first time. (A lesson from Maya Angelou.)
- Worrying is wasted time. Use the same energy for doing something about whatever worries you.
- What you believe has more power than what you dream, wish or hope for. You become what you believe.
- If the only prayer you ever say is "thank you," that will be enough. (From the German theologian and humanist Meister Eckhart.)
- The happiness you feel is in direct proportion to the love you give.
- Failure is a signpost to turn you in another direction.
- If you make a choice that goes against what everyone else thinks, the world will not fall apart.
Happy New Year!