Monday, March 11, 2013

A Good Goodwill Find!

I have a new charming little Belleek vase. This is the front.




This is the back.
You will never guess where I found it! Yes! At Goodwill! I saw it sitting on the shelf, thought it looked cute, so picked it up to inspect. I had no idea it was Belleek. I noticed immediately that it was extremely light, and then I took a peek at the bottom. I could just barely see the Belleek trademark peeking out.
But there it was! I was so excited I nearly jumped up and down!
Belleek is made in Ireland and usually has a shamrock pattern. This one has sweet pansies, a pattern I have never seen before.
From Wikipedia:  Belleek Pottery Ltd is a porcelain company that began trading in 1884 as the Belleek Pottery Works Company Ltdin BelleekCounty Fermanagh, in what was to become Northern Ireland. The factory produces porcelain that is characterised by its thinness, slightly iridescent surface and that the body is formulated with a significant proportion of frit[1]
Anyway ...

I have a nice collection of Belleek in my china cabinet that I will share with you another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment