Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Busy As A Bee

 I have been working on crafts lately. Knitting, painting, just refurbishing things I have brought home. Take a look.
This pillow was meant to be a hat for St. Patrick's Day. I knitted and knitted, and when it was finally completed, it was ridiculously large. I hated to just put it in a drawer, so I made a pillow out of it. I added a vintage button, and maybe this is what it was meant to be all along!
This cute chair has been living in my garage for a long time. I had a vision when I brought it home - turquoise and a new cover for the seat. Oh, and a couple of those little round wooden screw covers were missing. It's finally finished!
I found this old gooseneck floor lamp at a thrift store on half price day. I already had the shade, but there was no way to connect the shade to the lamp. Do you see the round thingy with the screws at the top of the shade? I finally found those online and ordered a couple of them. A quick fix, once they arrived!
This was a fun project. I found this cute chair at Walmart for Nolan's 1st birthday, and stenciled his name on it.
It fit him perfectly!

According to my "stats", I have lots of views on my blog, but except for my mom (thanks, Mom!), no comments. Please leave a comment! It is easy to do and I'd love to hear from you!

6 comments:

  1. Aunt Susie, I read your posts! The knit pillow definitely looks like it was meant to be. I feel like I should start blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly. I'm glad you read my posts! yay! Yes, you should blog again. You are good at it!

      Delete
  2. very creative and all so neat. hjw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Suzie, you asked for a comment, now here one is. Carla is thinking of doing a bee blog, is it pretty easy to set up??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phil! Yes, they pretty much walk you through it. Have fun with the bees!

      Delete
  4. I love reading your blog Susie!!! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete