Saturday, April 30, 2011

Winter 2011, Part II

On St. Patrick's Day I went to the parade downtown with little Avery, Sam & Heather. We stopped by the Fire Department Union Hall afterwards where they had a huge tent, the party was flowing out into the street and the bagpipes were playing.
Everyone was wearing something green!



At the end of March I had a vendor table at a music festival held here in Indianapolis. I sold a couple of instruments, lots of "gently used" cds, and other music-related items. It was a lot of fun.


This is my friend Sara helping at my table.



Finally, the daffodils were blooming, but one day I looked out the window and we were having yet another snow.



Oh, this was fun. I went to see Pokey LeFarge and his band at the Noble Coffeeshop in Noblesville on a Sunday afternoon. They played swing jugband music and had a lot of energy. Go see them if they play in your area. You will enjoy them. I did!




I have been re-doing my bedroom. It has gone from green to white - a Shabby Chic white. Here is a picture of a vintage nightgown hanging on my wall.



And I have my First Communion dress and veil hanging on the other wall.



One day I went shopping with Avery. I wanted to buy her an Easter bonnet. But she did not want an Easter bonnet. She wanted a pink cowboy hat we found at the Dollar Store.



Here is a little project I did one day. I simply sewed doilies onto a couple of pillows.

I love how they turned out.




And here at last are the forsythia in bloom.





Another sure sign of Spring is the Spring Concert at the schools. I was lucky to see grandson Ethan, a 3rd grader, sing with his class. He is in the first row, second from right, in the yellow and black shirt.


Next up, I had a big garage sale. I am on a quest to let go of unnecessary items in my house.


like our vintage tiger oak 52" round dining room pedestal table. Oh my, all the dinners, parties, card games and homework this table has seen.


Easter arrived the day after the garage sale. I had everyone over for dinner and made these cute cupcakes.


It was a rainy day, but the kids didn't care.
We had a great egg hunt in the back yard. With umbrellas.



And that brings us up to date.


Winter is over; Spring has arrived. Tomorrow is May 1st - birthday month!































nnn


































No comments:

Post a Comment