Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl 2012!

I do not like sports. I do not follow football, basketball, baseball or soccer. But this year my hometown hosted the Super Bowl, and I have to admit it was quite exciting.

Here is a picture of Lucas Oil Stadium taken on Sunday night just as the game was starting. A shot of Indianapolis' skyline at sunset the same evening.
Super Bowl Village in downtown Indianapolis began 10 days before the Super Bowl. There was so much hoopla about it, I couldn't wait to see what was going on, so one day I took the bus downtown, which was an adventure in itself!

On Monument Circle, giant letters XLVI were erected. Here I am in front of them.

One of the highlights of Super Bowl Village was the zipline. It was something to see! It only cost $10, but there was at least a three-hour wait each day. It only lasted 30 seconds, but it was thrilling just watching.

Here I am with one of my favorite firefighters.

Here is a picture I copied from Facebook of the crowd one night.

On Saturday I volunteered at the Bart Star Breakfast of Champions. My cousin went with me. I was hoping to see celebrities, and was excited when Colts' Jeff Saturday walked through the area we were working.

Look at me!

And last but not least, Jimmy Fallon was in town and taped his show from the Circle Theater. I am a big fan of Jimmy Fallon!





2 comments:

  1. Yep, it all looked like a lot of fun and very exciting! I have really enjoyed all the hooplah and all the scenes from Indianapolis.

    ReplyDelete