Friday, June 24, 2011

Eagle Creek Folk Festival 2011

My summer music festivals have begun! It is my favorite time of the year. I belong to a music group in town and we recently had our Eagle Creek Folk Festival. It is held at Eagle Creek Park at the marina.

Here is a picture of me playing with the Dulcimer-Only Group, better known as the DOGs. I wanted to change our name to the Indianapolis Dulcimer Ensemble, but was outvoted. They want to be the DOGs.

Here is another photo of me during our set. We play very complicated arrangements which require a lot of concentration. Honest. We all play something a little different, but we all play the Appalachian dulcimer.

I like this picture of our whole group playing.

We were blessed with beautiful weather both days of our festival. Here are three of our musicians warming up, with the lovely lake in the background.

I was given an award for being a continuous member of our club for OVER 30 years. How did that happen?













1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you have been involved with the Dulcimer Society for 30 years - that would make you 32 when you started??????

    ReplyDelete