Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cooper's Hawk!!

It was a weekday morning in January like any other. I got out of bed and made my way to the kitchen to make coffee. As always, I glanced out the back door at the birdfeeders, expecting to see a squirrel somehow stealing sunflower seeds from the squirrel-proof birdfeeder. Instead, perched on my trellis was a very large Cooper's Hawk! We stared at each other for a few minutes before I thought to grab my camera and attempt to photograph this unusual visitor. Pretty soon he flapped his wings and swooped away, circling over the yard, and landing on the fence. He sat on the fence for a long time. Oddly enough, there was no sign of the squirrels that are usually scrambling up and down the tree and robbing my birdfeeder. This hawk was definitely on the hunt.

Pretty darn exciting!








No comments:

Post a Comment