Monday, January 16, 2012

What Do The Simple Folk Do?

January blues. What Do The Simple Folk Do?


GUENEVERE
What do the simple folk do
To help them escape when they're blue?
The shepherd who is ailing, the milkmaid who is glum
The cobbler who is wailing from nailing his thumb
When they're beset and besieged
The folk not noblessly obliged
However do they manage to shed their weary lot?
Oh, what do simple folk do we do not?

ARTHUR
I have been informed by those who know them well
They find relief in quite a clever way
When they're sorely pressed, they whistle for a spell
And whistling seems to brighten up their day
And that's what simple folk do
So they say

GUENEVERE
They whistle?

ARTHUR
So they say.




For me, pretty flowers help.


And old farts in overalls.
And summer memories of folk festivals.

And pillowslip dresses.

A backyard tableau.

Dulcimer music and my favorite dulcimer guy.

My Tennessee girlfriends.

The Red Stick Ramblers - always.

Log cabins.

Babies having a tea party.

Being silly.

And sunflowers - always!




























1 comment:

  1. was that pic of you and my mom taken by me in NY? omg you two were driving me crazy in that store!!
    LOVE the backyard tableau and the vases with the pretty flowers.
    i wish all i had to do to fix the blues was to whistle. i guess i'll try it next time i am blue.

    ReplyDelete