Friday, March 9, 2012

Cloudy

I was driving home the other day when a pattern in the clouds caught my eye. I grabbed my camera and shot these pictures out of the window. I'm not sure the computer does them justice, but it was quite dramatic!
And ever since, I can't get the Simon and Garfunkel song "Cloudy" out of my head, and it's 1969 all over again.

Cloudy

The sky is grey and white and cloudy

Sometimes I think it’s hanging down on me

And it’s hitchhike a hundred miles

I’m a ragamuffin child

Pointed finger-painted smile

I left my shadow waiting down the road for me a while


Cloudy

My thoughts are scattered and they’re cloudy

They have no borders, no boundaries

They echo and they swell

From Tolstoy to Tinker Bell

Down from Berkeley to Carmel

Got some pictures in my pocket and a lot of time to kill


Hey, sunshine

I haven’t seen you in a longtime

Why don’t you show your face and bend my mind?

These clouds stick to the sky

Like a floating question--why?

They linger there to die

They don’t know where they’re going, and, my friend, neither do I


Cloudy


Cloudy




1 comment: